Your wedding day is coming up in a few months. You know you need to find someone to conduct the ceremony. You have no clue who to get, you search on “wedding officiants” and you get a ton of hits. What do you do? Where do you go? Phone the officiant and get an introductory interview with him/her. Here are some ideas to think about as you make a decision as to who you want to take care of a very important part of the day.
- is your wedding officiant going to be any fun?…laughter is pretty important in a wedding ceremony. Don’t apologize for looking for someone with a great sense of humor.
- do you think you’ll cry at your ceremony? can your wedding officiant bring love, and passion, and emotion, and dreams to the time? It’s supposed to be the most beautiful day of your life. Your ceremony should be beautiful too.
- Would you want to hear your officiant’s voice in your video every time you view it? Some couples establish a tradition of watching their wedding video on their anniversary.
- Can your wedding officiant pull it off with class? as well as with fun?
- Not that they make the decision, but what do you think your friends will think of your officiant?
- Will you be able to work with her/him in putting together your ceremony?
- Is your wedding officiant someone you trust? Do you feel like he/she serves you…or you serve them?